24 November 2007

Pictures with Attitude



A has grumbled several times these last few months that I spend so much time taking pictures for other people but never of her and her pregnancy. Sometimes I wonder if it's because I just don't think I am good enough to be the one to document this pregnancy with images. Would daddy/husband be able to capture the images the same way a photographer without emotional attachment would?

I took the easy way out and got our favourite fashion photographer to do justice to A's pregnancy. It was a fun morning catching up with Eric Er (Attitude Photography) and shooting with him. It felt pretty strange for me to be at the "wrong" end of the camera, but as a photographer I hope I was able to a better subject for Eric. I've been shooting with Kelvin (Lighted Pixels) for about 4 or 5 months now and have learnt so much from him. Of course, I have a long way to go to come anywhere near his standards. I also got to learn a lot from Eric today, from a totally different perspective. I think Eric enjoyed the shoot as much as we did! I can still hear his voice ringing in my ear, "f%&king ch##b&% nice!"

A is really worried about my dream to become a fulltime photographer. Priorities are going to change. My job is going to have to support a larger family very soon. The Lord will provide. I'm sure of that.

I can see and feel that my photography has been improving steadily. Honestly, I still don't know how it's done! I just pray and I shoot.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't u going to share some of those photos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, stunning photos!

    ALL THE BEST :-) and get well soon too!

    ReplyDelete