09 March 2008

2 Months Old

Kaitlyn turned 2 months old this week, and what a 2nd month it's been! For the first 3 or 4 weeks, we had our confinement nanny, Aunty Siew Kim, to take care of all the little details.



48 hours after she left, I thought I was going to have a stroke. Seriously.

I really can't believe that it's only been 5 weeks since she left because I think I've kinda improved on my parenting skills since then. For starters, I don't panic so easily.

I still pick her up as soon as she squeaks though... my favourite sounds this month are the squeak that she makes after a sneeze, and when she tries to sing along with me when I sing her a song.



She doesn't sing along to any old song. Specifically, she only sings along to Jesus Loves Me, probably because mummy sang that song to her so much when she was still in mummy's tummy.

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak but He is strong

Jesus loves me He who died
Heaven's gate to open wide
He will wash away my sin
Let His little child come in

Jesus loves me He will stay
Close beside me all the way
He's prepared a home for me
And some day His face I'll see

1 comment:

  1. I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window,
    www.watch4milestones.org
    Best wishes, Samantha

    ReplyDelete